Church and Chapel
Mount Pleasant Methodist Chapel
Mount Pleasant has established very close links with both our local church and chapel.
Our link with Mount Pleasant Methodist Chapel goes back over 130 years, as the school first began in the back room of the chapel in 1882.
More recently we have together been able to raise money to buy an African Classroom through Oxfam with several linked events.
The school often performs end of term assemblies and assemblies for the local community in the chapel. The children also visit chapel to enhance their RE learning but also to work on activities and projects in a different and beautiful setting.
We are grateful for the support and help of the members of the chapel, who ensure that we can use their beautiful space as often as possible.
We are so excited to be working even more closely with the chapel over the next few years as we work together to renew community links and relationships and to make Mount Pleasant Chapel and Primary School an exciting community hub.
Christ Church, Quarry Bank
We have a close link with Christ Church, Quarry Bank.
The school is well supported with regular assemblies and visits from Canon David Hoskins.
Through the church, the Quarry Bank Educational Trust supports us with funding for resources and visits.