Dudley Early Help
Early Help is support given to a family when a problem first emerges. This support can be offered at any stage during a child or young person's life.
In Dudley the Early Help Strategy ensures that the appropriate level of support is put in place for children, young people and families.
Dudley Early Help Pledge
- We will make every contact count
- We will listen to you and not judge you
- We will 'work with you' and not 'do to you'
- We will give you one point of contact
- Our assessments will be uncomplicated and robust
- We will take care of your information
- We won't 'pass the buck'
A key part of the Early Help operating model highlights cluster based working as the preferred delivery for Early Help. Five clusters will form the basis of delivery and operate from a Family Centre in each of the Cluster areas:
- Brierley Hill Family Centre - 18 Parkes, Brierley Hill, DY5 3DY, 01384 813322 email@example.com
- Halesowen Family Centre - Lye By-Pass, Stourbridge, DY9 8HT, 01384 813954 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stourbridge Family Centre - Forge Road, Stourbridge, DY8 1XF, 01384 818780 email@example.com
- Dudley North Family Centre - Bayer Street, Bilston, WV14 9DS, 01384 813096 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dudley Central Family Centre - Selbourne Road, Dudley, DY2 8LJ, 01384 812440 email@example.com
The Early Help Assessment
The Early Help Assessment forms a key part of the Early Help Strategy and is a simple way to help identify the needs of children, young people and their families and make a plan to meet those needs. It is designed to be a shared tool which can be used by all agencies in Dudley who are delivering Early Help. It is a standardised approach so that all children and families Dudley have the same experience of identifying their needs, strengths and challenges. It also means that all agencies and partners are operating the same system which ensures greater consistency.
- Dudley Thresholds 2021
- Early Help Leaflet
Dudley Safeguarding People Partnership Board
3-5 James's Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 1HZ
0300 555 0050
0300 555 0055
If you are a child or young person or if you have concerns about a child or young person:
Office hours 9am - 5pm
0300 555 0050
Out of office hours
0300 555 8574 or in an emergency call 999